"ASC" is pleased to offer OSX PowerPC Mac QuickTime driver, Universal PPC - x86 QuickTime driver and Quartz Composer plugin (versions 2.07.04, 3.01.04 and 1.00.00 - released April 8, 2010) for "The Imaging Sources's" DFG/1394-1 Analog Video to FireWire Converter (as shown above). The DFG/1394-1 hardware delivers uncompressed, full size, full Frame rate NTSC or PAL YUV 4:2:2, YUV 4:1:1 and Indexed Color (monochrome etc.) video over FireWire to your Mac.
- Delivers full frame, full size 640x480 NTSC @ 29.97 fps or 768x576 PAL @ 25 fps interlaced (odd and even fields) Component (yuvu) YUV 4:2:2, YUV 4:1:1 and monochrome 8 bit uncompressed video. YUV 4:2:2 Video has twice the color information than DV compressed video does - which results in more detailed, vibrant and accurate color images.
- Delivers 320x240 NTSC single (decimated horizontally but vertically full 240 lines) field at 29.97 fps. There is no interlacing in the 320x240 sizes and only the odd field is kept, which is specifically designed for Video Conferencing and Video Broadcasting.
- With the new "E" series DFG/1394-1 hardware additionally support sizes of 384x288PAL, 720x576 PAL and 720x480 NTSC.
- Provides interactive real time access to image controls for adjusting the Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast and Sharpness of the Analog Image before they are digitized. No more time consuming CPU intensive post Processing to correct off color video as can happen with DV Converters and older video media.
- For Color YUV422 video, supports up to three DFG/1394-1 units delivering 320x240 29.97 fps NTSC video or two DFG/1394-1 units at 320x240 and 640x480 29.97 fps NTSC or a single DFG/1394-1 for 768x576 25 fps PAL unit on one Mac at the same time. The "E" Series support the above and up to two DFG/1394-1 at 384x288 25 fps PAL.